Dolphin Technology delivers custom, synthesizable IP to support specific design requirements. The DTI EMMC controller provides the logic to integrate a Host and PHY controller supporting embedded MultiMediaCard (eMMC) version 5.1 into any system on chip (SoC).
Download Product Overview
Compliant with the following specifications:
- JEDEC eMMC Specification Version 5.1.
- AMBA, Advanced Extensible Interface (AXI) Specification Version 4.0.
- AMBA, Advanced Peripheral Bus (APB) Specification Version 2.0.
The Host controller supports:
- 32-bit and 64-bit system data bus.
- 32-bit and 64-bit system addressing.
- 64 and 128 bit DMA Descriptor length.
- Interrupts functionality.
- Supports both Asynchronous and Synchronous AXI4 Interface: The Master and the Host Controller operate at the same clock rate or different clock rates.
The data is transferred using:
- Programmed Input/Output (PIO) mode on the Host Bus Slave interface.
- Direct Memory Access (SDMA and ADMA2) mode on the Host Bus Master interface.
- Configurable FIFO size to support different block sizes 512B and 4KB.
eMMC 5.1 features:
- HS400 high speed interface timing mode of up to 400 MB/s data rate.
- Transfers the data in HS400, HS200, DDR52, SDR52 modes.
- 4KB block support.
- Tuning for HS200 mode.
- Command Queuing for High Performance data transfers with Hardware Acceleration.
- Enhanced strobe function for reliable operation at HS400 mode.
- Host clock rate variable between 0 and 200 MHz.
- Supports 1-bit, 4-bit and 8-bit data interface.
- Supports legacy modes (Default Speed, High Speed).
- CRC7 for command and CRC16 for data integrity.
- Supports multiple boot mode.
Data Sheets are available under NDA